The A/R Cash Application Specialist is responsible to complete duties and tasks assigned by the Accounts Receivable Supervisor. These tasks will be related to the accounts receivable and cash application area, as well as other areas related to the administration and finance department of the company.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
- Apply payments from customers via credit card, check or wire transfer ensuring correct application.
- Correspond directly with customers regarding insufficient and /or inaccurate remittance information. File claims as appropriate.
- Invoice customers on daily basis as appropriate.
- Create and send customer statements on weekly basis.
- Perform daily reconciliation of all cash received into bank to cash posted in the AR financial system, and resolve variances.
- File check stubs and bank receipts
- Perform all Cash Application functions accurately, timely and with sense of urgency.
- Research and reduce unidentified and unapplied cash.
- Research and follow up on unpaid invoices (re-send Invoice, etc).
- Process Returns accurately. Research deductions taken by customers. File claims as appropriate.
- Prepare month end reports as required.
- Partner with the team and management by quickly bringing issues to their attention, working to understand the root cause, and offering potential solutions.
- Document processes and procedures.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with resumes.
- Requires knowledge of Accounts Receivable and maintaining sub-ledgers ledgers.
- Requires Microsoft Office skills including Word, and at least intermediate level Excel
- Must have experience applying large volumes of transactions per day
- Prior experience with EDI helpful.
- Experience with Dynamics NAV preferred.
- Three to five years’ experience in Accounts Receivable.
- High School Diploma required; college level accounting coursework (AA) preferred.