American Recruiting and Consulting Group is currently looking for a Safety Manager (who has managed multiple projects at once) with a growing construction company in Fort Myers, Florida. This position is a permanent hire and is open to local and those outside of the Fort Myers area.
The Purpose of the Safety Manager
The Safety Manager will be responsible for the overall coordination and implementation of environmental health and safety programs to assure compliance with regulatory agency guidelines and institutional policies. Be able to cultivate a safe workplace environment at the Corporate office, Regional office and field job sites.
· Oversee all OSHA compliance, laws, regulations, reports, and training programs to ensure a safe workplace environment
· Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation and coeds governing environmental health and safety
· Develop policies and procedures to ensure regulatory agency compliance and workplace safety
· Develops, designs, and delivers all environmental health and safety workplace training to include all industrial hygiene, occupational, and general safety programs as it relates to construction specific hazards such as fire, natural disasters, etc.
· Ensures safety training, accident investigation training, safety certifications, and corrective action follow-up are completed consistently, effectively and in a timely manner
· Maintains companywide safety certifications for self and others to include OSHA 10, 30, 500
· Attends environmental health and safety conferences, meetings, and workshops to keep up-to-date as well as seeks pre-approval from immediate supervisor on new safety methods, procedures, applicable codes or regulations as it relates to the construction industry
· Responsible for all workplace accident investigations, administration of Workers’ Compensation, data analysis of incidents, and workplace accident recurrence prevention programs and procedures.
· Conducts on-site reviews and audits of operations, jobsites, and facilities for safe workplace practices and follow-ups to ensure action items have been addressed within 30 calendar days
· Monitors and keeps abreast of all current information and changing regulations and/or requirements related to hazardous materials, agents, OSHA, construction regulations, and EPA compliance
· Research and evaluate new safety equipment for safe-guards’ appropriateness, operational security, and provides companywide training
· Responsible for overall company fleet safety and accident investigations
· Ensures timely reporting of workplace accidents, potential hazards in need of attention, and safety drills mandated by the construction industry
· Minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Risk Management and Safety Compliance
· Must be OSHA 500 certified and maintain such certification throughout employment
· 10 years Safety Management experience leading and training others in workplace safety, use of safeguards when operating equipment, DOT expertise with licensing for equipment and heavy equipment operations, safe workplace practices, safety data sheets, and regulatory compliance
· 10 years commercial construction experience with appropriate certifications for EPA and OSHA regulations
· Must possess ability to train and certify others in the appropriate capacity for training needs specific to the commercial construction industry
· Must possess strong organizational skills and be able to effectively manage large amounts of data as it relates to compliance issues, regulatory agency deadlines, training certifications, EPA and commercial construction OSHA.
· Successful candidate MUST be bi-lingual in English and Spanish
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits package offerings including medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, 401 (k) and stock ownership.
Would you like to know more about this great opportunity?
To be considered for this position or have any questions about the Safety Manager position please reach out to D.A. Longhi’s email via email@example.com with your most updated resume. To view our other great positions, our job board is available as www.arcgonline.com