Our client is a leading financial institution in Jacksonville. They are in the middle of a substantial growth phase and looking to add a Fraud & AML Manager to staff. They are extremely well respected in the community and known as a wonderful place to work.
As the Fraud & AML Manager you will be responsible for the following:
- Manage FRAML Specialist I’s, II’s and III’s on a daily basis. Develop their technical and decision making skills to mitigate fraud losses, maintain regulatory compliance and ensure timely processing.
- Ensure accuracy, compliance and timeliness of, CTR’s and suspicious activity report processing.
- Manage FRAML Specialist II’s and III’s to ensure timely and accurate filing of Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs), daily processing and disposition of fraud and AML alerts, and proper investigation of fraud and suspicious activity cases to minimize fraud losses and regulatory risks to the credit union.
- Perform functions of FRAML Specialists II’s and III’sin their absence to ensure timely and accurate processing of work.
- Perform ongoing mentoring and management activities (e.g., quality assessment,approval of time-off, perform periodic and annual evaluations, interview, hire/terminate, etc.) FRAML Specialist II’s and III’s. Work with Vendors to provide sufficient operational processing and data/reporting to evaluate rule settings and configurations ,while balancing effective loss/risk mitigation.
- Identify and implement software enhancements, system/rules configuration modifications or process changes that result in department efficiency and/or reduced fraud losses.
- Update operational procedures as necessary to maximize identification of suspicious or fraudulent payment systems activity and departmental efficiencies.
- Ensure timely completion of departmental risk assessments and ongoing monitoring activities.
- Continuously demonstrate advanced computer skills in data organization and analysis utilizing commonly available tools (e.g. Excel, SQL, Access).
- Testing of business line products/services and controls to ensure proper FRAML risk mitigation controls are effective.
- Provides leadership and guidance in assisting other departments and branches with answering inquiries relating to suspicion of fraud activity
- Investigate and respond to member complaints or executive escalations (written or verbal) related to deposit product and digital channel usage including fraud claims, product performance and potential fraud investigations.
A Bachelor of Science degree in a business curriculum or a related field and three (3) years or more of direct management experience in a BSA/AML compliance and/or fraud related field is required.
Local candidates preferred but if you have knowledge and experience with Florida banking regulations that would be considered.
CAMS and/or CFE Designation is required.
The ideal candidate will have experience within the entire banking enterprise and not experience limited to one area. Solid knowledge and experience with various deposit products, credit/debit card and digital channels, BSA requirements and related fraud risk mitigation strategies are required as well. Advanced PC skills and working knowledge of various software applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Access, etc.) is required. Experience with direct customer/member contact in a financial institution is required.
Must also have prior leadership and/or team management experience.
Only candidates with the appropriate background and experience will receive a response.
If interested, please send your resume and contact information to: