Leading food service distributor with more than 30 years supplying 400+ ships with thousands of national and international shelf-stable groceries, hotel and paper products is hiring a Director of Distribution.
ONLY candidates local to South Florida will be considered...no out of State or relocating applicants.
Responsible for the overall management, planning, direction, leading and performance of our distribution center and transportation activities. Ensures effective and efficient support of the Supply Chain goals, objectives and KPI’s.
Essential Functions and Major Responsibilities
- Development and implementation of a distribution and warehousing strategy that will allow the company to keep its competitive edge through distribution excellence.
- Plan and direct a possible transfer/relocation to a 100,000-square foot food grade warehouse.
- Refine all warehousing P&Ps: order picking, packing, inbound and outbound loading and unloading of trucks, handling of damaged/returned goods, storage and replenishment, product slotting, inventory control.
- Direction and coordination of route drivers to ensure maximum performance relative to product delivery, service and good customer relations.
- Plan long-range labor, space and equipment needs based on sales forecasts and input from management.
- Focus on continuous improvement and make recommendations to senior management on programs to improve operations.
- Manage 20 to 30 hourly associates: drivers and warehouse employees and supervisors.
- Plan, monitor and execute staffing schedules and adjust as needed to ensure proper staffing levels that support operational demands and business objectives.
- Develop and maintain a productive work team by creating programs for hiring, training and professional development. Match the skill and background of personnel to the work required. Apply sound communication and motivational techniques, create programs to supervise, counsel and discipline associates. Implement an appropriate performance evaluation system for recommending promotions, wage increases and terminations.
Safety and Compliance
- Direct programs to ensure the safety of all personnel, equipment and property. Provide safety instructions to personnel as needed.
- Perform regular inspections to ensure all facilities, equipment and vehicles are in full compliance with government regulations and company standards.
- Ensure current and accurate inventory control for all products. Plan and execute inventory cycle counts.
- Continually maintain a professional and courteous relationship with all customers, vendors and 3PLs. Audit operations to ensure service standards are being met.
- Ensure the security of the facility, its environments, employees and contents. Conduct regular inspections and security practices.
Bachelor’s Degree in business, supply chain, operations management or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
10 years distribution/logistics experience in the Cruise Line Industry. Minimum of 5 years of management experience.
D.O.T. regulations, Labor Relations, Selecting/interviewing/recruiting, Customer Service, budgeting and cost control, knowledge of OSHA, HAACP and other regulations, strong PC skills,
Must be Bilingual: English and Spanish.
Please forward your resume to Siana Johnson at email@example.com or share this information within your network.
Visit our website at http://www.arcgonline.com for more job opportunities.