American Recruiting and Consulting Group is looking for a Senior Cobol Developer for a contract position with our direct client in Jacksonville, Fl. This is a W2 contract and you must work directly on our payroll without sponsorship and must be able to work as our W2 employee for the contract. This project is initially scheduled to run through August 2018 but it has strong potential to extend longer. This is a fantastic opportunity to get on board with an outstanding organization that offers tremendous career growth potential.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT related field or equivalent work experience
- 7 or more years of IT development/programming profession work experience or equivalent combination of transferrable experience& education.
- Knowledge of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), product development methodologies, database methodologies and system integration.
- Demonstrated experience with MVS operating systems (mainframe)
- Demonstrated experience with relational Databases such as IMS& DB2
- Understanding of coding design and documentation protocol as well as unit testing, change management and release procedures
- Demonstrated experience programming using COBOL and JCL
- Proficiency using standard desktop application such as Micro Soft Suite and flowcharting tools such as Visio
- Demonstrated experience using SQL or similar query language
- Demonstrated experience using debugging tools such as Debug and IBM tools and utilities such as File Manager, Fault Analyzer, SORT, etc.
- Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
- Proficiency using versioning tools such as Endevor
- Must have strong experience in mainframe code analysis and debugging. Strong experience on COBOL, DB2, CICS, 834/Enrollment transactions
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply to this job ad or email D.A. Longhi at email@example.com.
To apply online please visit our website at http://www.arcgonline.com