American Recruiting and Consulting Group is looking for two Senior Cobol Developers to start in December 2017 to start with our client in Jacksonville, Florida. This is a W2 contract and you must work directly on our payroll without sponsorship or visa transfer.
The Senior Cobol Developer will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for the detail design documentation, development, unit testing and maintenance of internally developed system applications and externally purchased software products.
- Write code for system designs that span platforms
- Code to and create Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Write code for enhancing existing programs or developing new programs
- Write detailed technical specifications for subsystems and identify integration points
- Estimate project timelines and resources required to complete programming projects
- Perform unit testing and debugging and set test conditions based on code specifications
- Supports application throughout the Product Development life cycle
- Work on integration issues and determines the integration approach.
- May also be responsible for acting as a technical lead on projects as assigned.
- Coordinate with other areas for integration architecture solutions
- Review vendor research and conduct vendor product gap analysis comparison
- Bachelor’s degree in IT related field or equivalent work experience
- 7 or more years of IT development/programming profession work experience or equivalent combination of transferrable experience& education.
- Knowledge of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), product development methodologies, database methodologies and system integration.
- Demonstrated experience with MVS operating systems (mainframe)
- Demonstrated experience with relational Databases such as IMS& DB2
- Understanding of coding design and documentation protocol as well as unit testing, change management and release procedures
- Demonstrated experience programming using COBOL and JCL
- Proficiency using standard desktop application such as Micro Soft Suite and flowcharting tools such as Visio
- Demonstrated experience using SQL or similar query language
- Demonstrated experience using debugging tools such as Debug and IBM tools and utilities such as File Manager, Fault Analyzer, SORT, etc.
- Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
- Proficiency using versioning tools such as Endevor
- Flexible team player
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply to this job ad or email D.A. Longhi at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more of our positions please check out our website at arcgonline.com