Our direct client in Jacksonville, FL has an immediate contract opportunity for a PostGres DBA. This position is initially scheduled to run through May 2018 with potential to evolve into an FTE position. This is a fantastic opportunity to get a foot in the door with an organization committed to employing the latest technology and offering tremendous career growth potential. Candidates must be eligible to work for any employer without sponsorship, and able to work as our W2 employee for the contract.
- 5 or more year’s professional experience as a Postgres/EnterpriseDB database Administrator with strong working knowledge of Operational/Systems DBA to setup and support EnterpriseDB.
- In depth knowledge of the PostgreSQL architecture
- Experienced in installing, configuring and upgrading EnterpriseDB/Postgres databases and clusters.
- Experience in configuring and supporting Enterprise Manager.
- Setting up users tools for administration.
- Experience in deploying EnterpriseDB in Linux on Power environment and good understanding of operating system concepts of Linux (RHEL).
- Good knowledge of capacity planning and architecture design for database server deployment.
- Proven experience in working in a mission critical environment in multi-terabyte database platforms.
- Working knowledge of architecting, configuring, setting up Enterprise Fail over manager for HA solution.
- Experience in setting up EnterpriseDB Replication.
- Working Knowledge of connection poolers (pgPool and pgBouncer)
- Perform routine maintenance on several database environments including application of updates, patches, and hotfixes
- Creating databases, migrating database objects from non-production to production environment.
- Designing and building data models, schemas, views, and tables to support application requirements
- Working knowledge of Database Security mechanism, data encryption, obfuscation, auditing using tools such as Guardium.
- Extensive experience designing and executing backup and recovery concepts and procedures
- Measure database performance and troubleshoot complex database issues, I/O bottlenecks, SQL Tuning/
- Experience in using Splunk, Nimsoft for Availability and performance.
- Good understanding of licensing options and optimization.
- Experience in scripting languages (shell or python or Perl) for automating DBA administrative tasks.
- Experience with automation tools such as Control-M.
- Experience in implementing Postgres STIG implementation, testing, and other vulnerability remediation.
- In-depth knowledge of IT industry database technologies and processes and business applications integrated with database technologies.
- Provide 24 x 7 Support to Critical production systems.
- Knowledge of Project Management Methodologies
- Enterprise DB Database Administration Certification.
- Added advantage of knowledge of administration of MongoDB, LDAP, MySQL.
- Health care industry related experience.
Please send resumes directly to Suresh Gaddala at email@example.com or apply online at http://www.arcgonline.com.