Our client, a leading software development company that designs and implements customized policy administration software, rating and premium calculation software and billing and underwriting software for Insurance carriers, MGAs and agencies is in a significant growth mode and adding five Commercial Insurance Business Analysts to their dynamic staff in the Chicago area. They have an outstanding reputation and provide a collaborative and challenging environment.
Commerical Insurance Business Analysts work with customers as well as regulatory agencies to deliver and support custom software solutions.
Position Responsibilities include a) researching/analyzing well-defined business issues without mentoring, b) gathering and documenting requirements that are well-defined with few variables, c) creating specifications from requirements that are well-defined with few variables without mentoring, d) creating complex test plans and test cases, e) providing client support on well-defined issues without mentoring as well as some complex issues with mentoring, f) being a subject matter expert/mentor on at least one line of business/product/tool.
Amount of experience varies but must have experience in the insurance industry and/or insurance related software. Specific industry experience in commercial P&C is desired preferably underwriting and/or underwriting related.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Client facing experience. Increased skills/abilities in critical thinking, decision making, demonstration of initiative, motivation and self-direction, communicating and presenting, and ability to demonstrate strategic focus are expected in this role.
- Knowledge of insurance industry trends
- Knowledge of P&C insurance and industry operation including policy admin regulation and compliance
- Knowledge of integration tools such as BI analytics, bordereau, CV-ALIR, etc.
- Knowledge of technical aspects of software development and principles including knowledge of QS architecture such as revisions, transactions, tail processing, Common, Framework, schemas, etc.
- Knowledge of integration/database components and how requirements impact integration and other interfaces
- Knowledge of cloud and other customer environments
- Demonstrates customer facing skills, handling complete customer situation independently and at all levels within the organization
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills and can apply these skills to solving problems
- Able to make well-thought, logical decisions, seeking council with mentoring when appropriate
- Demonstrates initiative, motivation and self-direction
- Able to effectively communicate information in written and verbal form including adopting the message to the audience
- Able to present information to internal and external customers, including adopting the message to the audience.
- Demonstrates a strategic focus
- Understands how components are identified, packaged and distributed for releases
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Pursuit of appropriate professional designations within the insurance industry is preferred
Please note: LOCAL candidates only. No relocation.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and compensation requirements to: