Our client is a leading financial institution in the Jacksonville area. They are extremely well known and regarded in the community as an outstanding organization and employer. They are in a strong and steady growth mode right now and as a result of that they are looking to add a Fraud - Anti Money Laundering Specialist to staff in their home office.
The selected candidate will be a vital part of the Fraud Risk Management team working directly with the VP of Fraud Risk Management to mitigate risk and loss both internally and externally.
- Responsible to thoroughly understand all facets of the FRAML Program, alert processing, case formation and closure as well as ensuring consistent and sufficient documentation exists within the system to support the disposition of alerts, case files and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Make recommendations to better identify and mitigate emerging Fraud and/or BSA/AML risks in response to changing behaviors and dictated by patterns and statistics.
- Responsible for the continuous monitoring of transactions, alerts, queues and dashboards within the FRAML system to ensure timeliness of completion and to help Fraud Analyst identify specific patterns of transactions, which may present increased risk for fraud and/or money laundering activities within the organization.
- Ensure timely processing and closure of cases in a timely manner and in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Document case files in a consistent, organized manner including all information obtained in the investigation to support the resulting decision of the claim, as well as for supportive documentation for criminal conviction, sentencing, restitution and insurance recovery in the FRAML software.
- Responsible for the quality and accuracy of information entered into the FRAML system and applicable reporting systems.
- Responsible for performing the Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) reporting and quality control processes, with strict adherence to accuracy, completeness, consistency and timeliness of submission. Ensure all information obtained in the investigation to support the resulting decision whether to file a SAR or not is maintained in the FRAML software.
- Ensure SARs are files within 30 days after detection of suspicious activity. Review 90 day reminders to determine if a subsequent SAR is warranted based on pattern of activity.
- Research, investigate and process AML alerts, Debit Fraud alerts, Remote Banking alerts, and Red Flag alerts from the daily/weekly alert queues in a timely manner, in adherence with all applicable regulations.
- Perform the annual review of existing high-risk accounts, as well as various other company-wide Fraud and/or BSA/AML/OFAC projects.
- Responsible for elements of the quality assurance and integrity of the Know Your Customer (KYC) program on new and existing member relationships.
- Assists law enforcement in their investigations being conducted for suspected criminal activity while ensuring the privacy of the organization's members.
- Assist VP Fraud Risk Management in enhancing and providing applicable FRAML training throughout the organization.
- Proactively keep the VP Fraud Risk Management and/or the Chief Risk Officer informed of notable activities/situations.
- Develop/maintain inter-departmental colleague network and individual knowledge to keep abreast of existing/emerging fraud trends within the financial institution industry to proactively mitigate similar risks to the organization.
- Works closely with the VP Fraud Risk Management and over all team to promote a sense of teamwork and an enterprise-wide proactive risk mitigation approach.
- Ensure deadlines are met consistently and follow-up activities are completed timely.
- Successfully complete all required training and assessments (e.g., BSA, Compliance, Information Security, Sexual Harassment, Diversity training, etc.).
- Maintain strong working proficiency in various business related systems (e.g., MISER, Verafin, etc.).
A Bachelor's Degree in business or a related field is required. Also required are either a CFE or CAMS certification and at least three to five years of related experience, preferably with a financial institution. Should also have extensive knowledge of fraud detection/anti money laundering software such as Verafin, SAS, Falcon, Pindrop, Actimize, FISERV FDS etc... Must also have experience with Florida banking regulations.
*Only candidates with applicable experience will receive a response.
*Only candidates with a CAMS and/or CFE designation will be considered.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please submit a resume with your contact information to: