A direct client in Miami, FL, a $5 billion publicly traded company and leader in their industry, is seeking a Internal Financial Auditor for permanent placement.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The ideal candidate will possess a broad skill set and have the capacity for learning required to audit our client's various accounting and operational environments.
Duties will include:
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Conducting financial, operational and internal control (Sarbanes-Oxley) audits of client and its subsidiaries. More specifically:
- Internal Controls - Assess the adequacy in the design of the company’s internal controls and test the existence of these controls in the following areas: Order to Cash Cycle (Revenue, Shipping, Invoicing & Customer Payments); Purchase to Pay Cycle (Purchasing, Receiving & Vendor Payments); Financial Reporting, Human Resources, Inventory, Fixed Assets; Taxes, Selling & Marketing and Manage Risk (Investments and Financial Commitments)
- Financial – Audit subsidiary financial results each quarter to ensure financial statements are prepared and presented consistent with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and are free from material error
- Operational – perform risk based audits of subsidiary HQ and store locations to improve operational efficiency, effectiveness, and/or profitability
- Recommending real world, practical solutions to improve efficiency and/or effectiveness with the goal of reducing risk, improving internal controls and/or improving profitability
- Planning and executing audits in a professional, efficient and effective manner
- Maintaining detailed audit work papers to support all audit findings and recommendations
- Managing multiple tasks within a deadline oriented environment
- Reporting audit findings and recommendations to the Vice President of Internal Audit and various levels of management
The ideal candidate should have the following:
Please send your resume to Jon Meredith at email@example.com or 954.715.4793
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to identify real world, practical solutions in an ever changing, dynamic environment
- A strong technical knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) / Internal Controls.
- An extensive understanding of the key processes within all functional areas of an organization (ex: purchasing, marketing, human resources, etc)
- Bachelor's degree with preference in Accounting is required
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of products, (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- CIA and/or CPA certifications preferred but not required
- Willingness to travel (approximately 35%) throughout United States with limited travel to Canada and Mexico
For a complete listing of all our jobs please visit http://www.arcgonline.com