Our client is a leading financial institution located in Jacksonville, Florida. They are in the midst of a pre-planned and substantial growth mode and as a result of that growth they are adding a NOC Manager to staff. They have an excellent reputation in the community and as an employer.
As the NOC Manager, you will be responsible for staffing and developing a group of technicians who are responsible for 24x7x365 monitoring of data center operations.
This group will handle Level 1 and greater troubleshooting for many areas including: Windows Server, LAN/WAN Networking, SAN, Security, Wireless and VoIP, application monitoring, mainframe operations and batch processing operations. Monitors performance of Infrastructure equipment and application performance. Coordinates equipment installation and delivery schedules.
This role will be expected to participate and/or lead in the resolution of high-severity outages of critical systems and IT Infrastructure. Monitors and reports on service level agreement compliance for monitored systems.
Leads the identification, implementation and administration of monitoring toolsets as well as the event alerting and escalation system. Provide problem resolution for highly complex Infrastructure issues.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Supervise a 24x7x365 Network Operation Center’s (NOC) shift operations and personnel.
- Assign and manage the work load of shift personnel, as well as escalate resource constraints to management.
- Oversee day-to-day NOC operations, escalations, ticketing and communications with all customers.
- Establishes shift schedules to ensure proper coverage of NOC operations.
- Ensure that the NOC goes beyond what is required as defined by Service Level Agreements.
- Continuously improve and develop systems to proactively monitor the infrastructure and applications managed.
- Responsible for managing all enterprise monitoring, scheduling, alerting and escalation and automation tools
- Hires, trains, mentors and develops NOC personnel
- Coordinates efforts to identify root cause and recommend solutions.
- Identifies areas for process and efficiency improvement within the Data Center and Enterprise; recommend prioritized enhancements and oversee implementation.
- Ensures that systemic issues have appropriate resolution paths.
- Generate key reports for management including but not limited to: system availability, service level agreements, ticket resolution and customer issues.
- Develops dashboards and reports to assist operations personnel with identifying, troubleshooting and resolving problem areas.
- Work alongside and ensure mentoring of NOC personnel is occurring to ensure all staff is acquiring the necessary skill sets to perform their job functions and meet departmental and individual goals.
- Participate in process development with partners and Service Providers.
- Act as a project leader for some projects providing task direction to achieve project goals.
At least 5 years of experience as a NOC manager in a 24x7x365 Data Center environment. Very strong problem solving skills are essential. A college degree is strongly preferred. Previous experience as a NOC Manager with a bank or financial institution is a big plus.
Please submit resume to email@example.com
- Extensive knowledge of SolarWinds and Application Monitoring.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP.
- Working knowledge of network commands and tools such as Traceroute, NSLookup, TCPdump and Wireshark.
- Strong familiarity of IT infrastructure such as data networking (routers, switches, WAN), servers (Windows), VMWare, SAN, security, wireless, VoIP, etc.
- Able to communicate, motivate, and organize projects among a broad spectrum of personnel throughout the network, frequently under deadline pressure.
*Only candidates with the appropriate background and experience will receive a reply*