ARC is looking for several strong big data developers to work on a major implementation we are currently engaged on in Jacksonville, FL. This is a long term (6 -12 months) position. Preference would be to be onsite in Jacksonville, but remote work with periodic site visits will be considered.
- Build Big Data pipelines using Apache Spark, NiFi and/or Oozie
- Write code in one or more programming languages such as Python, Java and Scala
- Adhere to approved life cycle methodologies, create design documents, and support testing
- Resolves technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation.
- Adhere to designs supporting business requirements as documented in agile user stories / tasks
- Contribute to the design and develop high quality software for large scale Hadoop distributed systems
- Loading and processing from disparate data sets using appropriate technologies including but not limited to, Hive, Pig, MapReduce, HBase, Spark, Storm and Kafka.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and 3 - 5 years of demonstrated development experience
- Strong experience in MR, Hive and HBase technologies.
- Experience in one or more programming languages like Python, Scala and Java
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in Agile methodology
- Experience with HBase, Kafka and Spark.
- Expert in Hive SQL and ANSI SQL - Great hands on in Data Analysis using SQL.
- Ability to write simple to complicated SQL in addition to having ability to comprehend and support data questions/analysis using already written existing complicated queries
- Familiarity in Dev/Ops using Chef, Jenkins or equivalent
- Understanding of Big Data concepts and common components including YARN, Queues, Hive, Kafka
- Experience with AWS preferred
- Experience in Healthcare preferred
- Experience with Denodo and/or AtScale a plus