A direct client in Jacksonville, FL is seeking an IT Security Architect for a long term contract that could last up to 3+ years.
The IT Security Architect participates on Business and Technology capability projects to design security architecture and ensure the appropriate Information Security solution is built into the system. The IT Security Architect implements enterprise security strategies, architectures and solutions that guide IT security direction, performs due-diligence activities including security monitoring to evaluate effectiveness of the enterprise security program, and develops actionable security blueprints, principles, models, designs, standards and guidelines to ensure enterprise information technology architecture is consistent, usable, secure and adds value to the business. The IT Security Architect will design sub-components of larger security architecture blueprints or projects with narrow focus and complexity.
Essential Job Functions
Minimum Job Requirements
- Responsible for ensuring necessary security controls are part of technical designs.
- Evaluates strengths and flaws in security architecture including performance, confidentiality, integrity, availability, access and total cost of ownership.
- Participates on project teams contributing input regarding Information Security and Information Technology vision, opportunities and challenges.
- Participates in IT security efforts across all business areas and client groups.
- Accountable for adhering to corporate architecture standards, ensuring technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization and contributing to corporate architecture strategy-setting.
- Maintains operational, architectural and design documentation including procedures, task lists, and architecture blue prints.
- Troubleshoots, recommends and executes action plans for issue resolution.
- Promotes implementation of new technology, solutions and methods to improve business processes, efficiency, effectiveness and value delivered to customers.
- Builds consensus around principles of security architecture and interprets and clarifies these principles.
- Responsible for enterprise due-diligence activities including security monitoring and security metrics to evaluate effectiveness of the enterprise security program and established controls.
- Responsible for establishment and implementation of security standards that guide the design of technology solutions.
- Participates in governance processes to ensure consistent technology life cycle management.
- Participates in the evaluation, selection and implementation of technology solutions including providing detailed analysis of pros and cons and build vs buy options.
- Facilitates project handoffs including preparing documentation, educating and supporting to ensure smooth transitions.
- Selects and designs tools that allow reuse of design components and patterns between projects.
- Continually works to enhance breadth and depth of knowledge and experience.
- Benchmarks technology strategies and architectures.
- Monitors and anticipates trends and investigates organizational objectives and needs.
- Prepares benchmarking reports and presentations.
- Develops actual working solutions or prototypes based on their own designs and resolves any issues that arise.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced Information Security Certification; CISSP, CRISC, or CISM.
- 5 or more years of progressive work experience in security technology design, development and/or monitoring or equivalent combination of transferrable experience and education.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency in creating gradually complex architectural designs.
- Proficiency in consulting, negotiating, communicating, consensus building, presentation and facilitation.
- Proven ability to multi-task, support multiple projects simultaneously, ensure each customers’ needs are met, and thoroughly completing assignments on time.
- Demonstrated ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance.
- Mastery of a variety of hardware platforms including mainframes, distributed platforms, desktops, and mobile devices.
- Experience and understanding of a variety of operating systems and database management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and think beyond established standards and processes.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience applying current and emerging technology solutions and trends including security and regulatory industry requirements.
- Demonstrated effective decision-making skills related to implementing architecture and design.
- In-depth knowledge of development practices of security technologies.
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately.
- Knowledge of Information Security procedures and controls.
- Knowledge of common information management systems.
- Knowledge of Project Management Methodologies.
- Experience and knowledge of defense in depth, trust levels, privileges and permissions.
Please send your resume to John Hunt at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2 or more years of work experience designing security architecture on progressively complex IT projects preferred.
- Hadoop security with Ranger and / or Knox
- AWS security – Directory Services, Identity and Access Management and Key Management Service
- Health care industry related experience is preferred
- Experience using Agile methodology
For a complete listing of all our jobs please visit http://www.arcgonline.com